Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Social Media Links as of Late

So I've come across three share-worthy articles lately, and to make sure I share them all I'll just share them all together.

The first is 9 Excellent Facebook Pages You Should Like. Only one of them had a heard of before, so I'd say this article is doing its job of drawing out some of the better, yet ignored, Facebook pages. After all, it isn't just about who did what on Friday night anymore.

The second is What Social Media Can Really Tell You About Job Applicants. I've shared this one with quite a few students. It's so refreshing to see that a fun night out doesn't ruin your chances at a job anymore. Though it's a challenge to make sure my students understand that nothing is okay on social media if it's not legal in the first place.

Social1

The last link today is similar to number two. In College Admissions, Social Media Can Be a Double-Edged Sword is from the NYT. But it still has to do with the gap between having a life, being social, and being employable, when it seems like those things should all mesh pretty well..

On an unrelated note, I think some of my preferred news sources need a lesson in concise headline writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment