Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It's All in the Numbers

As I mentioned yesterday, I surveyed my freshmen for the details on how comfortable they really are with different Apple devices and how reliable their access to wifi is. I think the results are pretty interesting, and just so you know I have 69 freshmen.

Comfort with Apple devices like iPods, iPhones and iPads:
64% very comfortable               32% somewhat comfortable                4% not at all comfortable

Comfort with MacBooks or desktops:
13% very comfortable               42% somewhat comfortable               45% not at all comfortable

Reliable access to wifi
75% have it all the time            22% nearly always have access          3% have it none of the time

First of all, I think it's pretty interesting that so many of them are comfortable with Apple devices, but few are comfortable with Apple computers. I think the experience with mobile devices will give them a huge step up when learning about their new MacAirs. Additionally, I am very grateful that only two of my freshmen don't have easy access to internet at home. Yup, that's it! That will save me a lot of stress when accommodating for lack of access.

All this is just more evidence that this is a really, really great place to work with a lot of amazing things going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment