Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Miss Manners Goes Digital

The first major project my 21st Century Communication students complete regards online safety, bullying, etiquette, etc. So, even though this is a little late in the semester, I can't help when I find these awesome things!

The Complete Guide to Twitter Etiquette is exactly what is sounds like, and man do we need it! Thank you Mashable...again. I've been telling kids all year, and even last year, about the transformation of Twitter from 2007 to now. From sharing links to sharing what you're eating...doing...thinking...boring! From one generation to another. And can I just give a shout out to the decreasing gap between generations? I think it used to be 8-10 years, now it's more like 3. Whoa.

Then there's 20 Things Your Most Annoying Friends Do on Facebook. I think we've all seen these, hated/judged/been annoyed by these, and considered unfriending these. Or at the least removing them from your news feed. Isn't that a delightful option?

Here's to finding a little decorum wherever you go. Happy surfing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment